Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sleep's just time spent wasting time

So everyone knows that I am still in Japan, even after the big earthquake. I have had a lot of people tell me it would be safer to come home, and that I shouldn't go back. But I feel that I belong here, in Japan. I am in love with this country, and I worked hard to get here. It took me months to get to where I am, but only 7 days for it all to crumble around me.

Life didn't stop when the earthquake hit. I kept on going out with my friends, and I went to class, and I lived my life. I know it's dangerous, but I need to live my life. I joke with my friends, we get coffee, and I am having a good time in Japan. Everyday is still a little scary, I don't know what's going to happen, but that won't stop me.

I just gotta keep on keeping on. My life is here, with my friends in Japan. My life is just starting. And I am staying for right now, and I will (hopefully) be coming back in May. I am happy here, and it'll take more than a little radiation to make me leave. From destruction comes creation. The pheonix rises from his ashes, as do I. (don't think I made that up. Can't remember where I heard it though) Japan is a strong country. And we will roll with the punches, and keep going.

I am in Japan, and I will come back to Japan. I love you all, but nothing is going to change that.

3 comments:

  1. I thought you was coming home in April? And I love you! I was going to say something mean about people that are being selfish about you wanting to come home (other than you parents) BUT I WILL RESTRANE MYSELF!!!!! Again I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm coming home in April. But I'm coming back to Japan after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are ridiculous. Stop being so mature-sounding. You make me feel so old

    ReplyDelete