Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Haircut

So I'm giving up on only posting once a week, cause too much stuff happens that I NEED TO TELL YOU. Also, don't get excited and think I'm gonna post all the time. Cause that's not gonna happen either. But what this post is all about, is what I did yesterday. Namely, get my haircut. As you can see, not that big of a difference. Basically it's a little shorter. But it was an adventure! Because as you well know, haircutting involves scissors. Around your head. And I don't speak Japanese. So it would have been a horrible bloody mess, if I hadn't had Yui there to save me. Luckily, she does speak Japanese. Very well too. So she was able to tell the hair dresser that I did not want her to remove my entire head. (Because that is what would have happened if I had tried to explain what I wanted) First, I had to get shampooed. I was very confused as to how this would work, considering the fact that the chair was higher than the little sink thing. I sat down, and was just kinda quiet. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, THE CHAIR STARTED TO MOVE! Yeah, that's right, the shampooing chair realigned itself to fit the sink. I was very confused, and I'm pretty positive the shampooer made it move more than necessary just to mess with me. But it was a very nice shampoo. After all this excitement, it was time to get my hair cut. The hair dresser was very nice, and attempted several times to make conversation with me. It generally went like this:
Hair Dresser(HD): *unintelligible rapid Japanese*
Me: *...............*
HD: *slightly slowed down Japanese, of which I can catch maybe 3 words*
Me: *Tabemasu...that means eat...judging by the way you're staring at me questioningly, I'm going to assume it was a question...* "Yes I like Japanese food!"
The entire time was basically like that. With her trying really hard to explain things to me, and me trying really hard not to insult everyone. Overall, it went well, with little to no blood. Yui got a really cute bob, and I just got a trim. As we were walking home from the bus stop later, I suddenly realized what one of the questions was. Of course I wanted to turn around and tell her, "Yes, I do want to travel Japan" but alas, it was too late. After being out all day, and having adventure after adventure, I was happy to be home. Unfortunately, this was not to be my last stop of the day. Setsuko has a class on Wednesday night of 4 girls. 3 of them wanted to take me into Tokyo. So we met at the class, and decided when and where. I was slightly exhausted, so it must have been slightly confusing for them. Setsuko has decided to teach me Katakana. That's like 52 MORE LETTERS (characters?). Yeah. They have a bazillion letters in their alphabet. But I am just rambling now. I am going to go, probably take a walk on the river. It looks nice out, and I'm in the mood.
Miss you all!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment