Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How cats are trying to kill me, and other things I want to whine about.

So, I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but Setsuko (my host-mom) has 4 cats and a dog. Her cats are Daisy, Sunny, Alex, and Karen. Daisy is Alex and Karen's mom, and is an ally cat. Setsuko found her on the road after she had been hit by a car. Because Setsuko took her to a vet right away, and cared for her lovingly, Daisy survived. She was so badly hurt that she couldn't be fixed, and therefore had kittens. Now Setsuko had already had Maren, (I'm really not sure if I'm spelling that right...) her dog, before she found Daisy. Maren is a female dog, and has a very strong mothering instinct. She adopted Daisy as her baby because she knew she was sick. Daisy still drinks Marens milk, and they cry for each other if Daisy has to be locked up. The cats are all indoor cats, and never go outside. Maren does of course, and that is where the story begins.

It was Saturday night, and Yui had left the day before, so the cats were whining at me to come play with them. I came down, and immediately was attacked by Sunny and Karen. Daisy was yowling because she was locked up, and Maren was whining for Daisy. Kenta had already gone to bed, so I wanted to quiet the animals down. I went to check on Maren, while still holding Sunny. As I tried to reassure Maren that Daisy was not, in fact, being killed, Sunny managed to slip under the door, and outside. Now this was really too much for me. Sunny is Yui's favorite cat, and she soon became mine as well. I didn't know what would happen if she went out, and Maren was still whining. I did what any logical, quick thinking adult would do. I burst into tears and called Setsuko. As she tried to calm me, letting me know that Sunny had gotten out before, and she would most definitely come back, Maren sensed my tears and started to whine louder. I tried to comfort her, while tears ran down my face. I soon realized that was hypocritical, and calmed myself down. As all this is going on, Karen was trying to run out too. I was horrified. There was no way I was letting that happen. So I grabbed Karen, pushed her into the kitchen, and went back to the door. I could hear Sunny meowing outside, and I could occasionally see her. She would come up to the door, and try to get back in, but Maren would block her way, sniffing and licking. Trying to help, but really just making it worse. Sunny came around to the other door, and I let her in. I closed both doors, and latched them tightly. Sunny was very upset, because it was wet and cold outside. She wasted no time scolding me, and biting my ankles. These cats are a handful, and I'm sure I will have many more stories to tell. This was just my favorite.

P.S. Kenta didn't wake up once.

Now, on another note. I don't want to whine about not getting any comments, but here I am. I assume people like my posts, because they are following them, but I have no constructive criticism to base my posts off of. Do you like my writing style? Is there anything you particularly want to hear about? Is there anything I said that you didn't like? Let me know. Or just let me know you're reading my blog, because I do appreciate it. Every time I get on my blog and see I have more followers, my heart does a little happy dance. When there are comments, my heart gets out the "Yay I'm happy!!" hat. So please, let me know what's going on in your head too. I don't want to beg for comments, but yeah. I'm begging.

Thanks for reading!!
Love and sprinkles~~

4 comments:

  1. Clare, I love your stories and your writing style. Based upon the dearth of letters that you used to send us in the past when you went to camp, I had no idea you were such a great writer. I would like to see more pictures if you can download them onto your blog. I love you very much. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know of course I read your blog. And we talk almost everyday in SKYPE. I tried to comment on oneof your other posts but I don't think it was put up. I loved this story and just so you know I would have been standing there laughing at you. I'm sure you could see me in your mind. And more pictures would be awesome. And also I'm writing this sitting on the floor at work in box charging my phone waiting to watch a movie. Cause now you have tragically left my life I am a mole. Who never leaves work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the weirdest person, but I'm glad you're having so much fun! Your blog cracks me up and I love reading it.

    You're actually really funny. Not in a rude way, I've just never read anything you've written before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it sounds like that situation needed many pairs of hands to get each cat where they needed to be... inside. LOL

    Mrs. Diamond

    ReplyDelete