Monday, February 7, 2011

So it's been a while....

Alright. So it's only been two weeks (and a few days). And I have a lot to share! I started helping out at Bunchkins, the English preschool for Japanese kids. I mostly watch the little kids, but everyone is really cool. There are two little girls, that have decided I'm their favorite. Their names are Cocomu, and Lala. No lie, those are their legit names. :) Coco likes to talk to me in Japanese, ignoring the fact that I can understand none of it. I have yet to hear Lala talk, but here's hoping. Today, we went to Kamakura, which was the capitol city of Japan in 1192. We went to a shrine and made prayers. And I hung a wish. >.< Afterward, Yui and I went for a rickshaw ride, and it was really fun. The guy who pulled us was really really nice. Then we went shopping, and I got a Totoro! (Picture above) I also got chopsticks, and other fun things. All in all, it was a great day. Sunday was Yui's goodbye party, and my welcome party. It was so much fun! After the party, I went to the mall with Samantha (Canadian exchange student) Kana, Momo, Azu, Rina, and Yumi. It was super fun! We took photo booth pictures, and walked around. We got ice cream! Later that night, I watched American Idol with Kenta and Yui. Setsuko is trying to teach me katakana. It's really hard, but I think I'll get the hang of it. The band I like, BEAST is having a special event in Tokyo, in March! You have to buy two of their new CD's, which also come out in March, to get the tickets. I already reserved my copies! I am having a lot of fun here, and I know it's only going to get better. The food is amazing, and I love my host family. I am slowly picking up words, and I have found that I can now separate words in a sentence. It feels good to know I am learning. I love being in Japan, but I do miss some things about home. It's strange though, because I don't miss actually being home. Just certain things. Like the Super Bowl. I missed it. And I'm not saying I want to go home, but I miss things that I never thought I would miss. I guess that's all for now...I'll try to report back soooon!

>.<

1 comment:

  1. That is how Rachel feels.. although she misses a few things from the US>... she is truly enjoying her experiences in London.
    It sounds as if you will be learning something everyday.
    Enjoy!
    Mrs. Diamond

    ReplyDelete