Sunday, February 13, 2011

Harajuku, chocolate, and how I almost killed myself with a bike

Ladies and gents, this is a tale of epic proportions. It all started on Saturday around 11. Azumi and Samantha had invited me over to make valentines chocolates. It was a wonderful idea, and I had a great time. I was fed delicious food, and I learned how to legit make chocolates. *hint, it's really super fun* Afterward, Samantha realized she had way too many friends, and needed to buy chocolates for them. We decided to bike to the store, which was about 30 minutes away. (I could be totally making these times up.) Now, I haven't ridden a bike in years, but I was convinced I could do it. I rode that bike like a pro.... For about the first 10 minutes. Then I realized that not only was it freezing out, but that bike riding is hard. Very hard. And I was tired of it. This being said, I suffered the rest of the way to the mall. Once we got there, we walked around, took pictures, and generally goofed off. Of course, we still had to bike home. This was even more painful, and I was very sad. My legs stopped hurting once I let them rest, so I figured everything was good. I figured wrong. The next day, I went into Tokyo with Fumika, Yuri, and Moeika. *not the real spelling. I murder spelling.* We took the train, and went into Harajuku. Harajuku is basically a long street with tons of really awesome shops and fashion. I saw some....interesting people, and got some super awesome clothes. It was really cool, except for the fact that I was exhausted. The entire time. It got to the point that the girls were leading me around, and giving me good natured pushes to get me to go places. On the train, I fell asleep for a bit, and was just kind of spacey the whole time. We got back to the station at 5:16, and I had to catch the 5:20 bus. We ran. I made it, luckily, and got home okay. I decided to take a hot bath because my legs were a little sore, and I thought it would help. I got out of the bath, and my entire body ached. The skin on the tops of my knees hurt. I didn't fall, or scrape my knees, or do anything to hurt them. I was just in so much pain, it was almost visible. My legs screamed at me everytime I tried to move. It wasn't a "Oh wow, it's been a while huh?" sort of pain. It was a "WLKJDKFJ WHAT WERE YOU THINKING I AM DEAD NOW THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE WHEN YOU DO THIS!!!! NEVER ATTEMPT TO MOVE AGAIN!!! I WILL STAB YOU IN THE FACE!!!" kind of pain. And yes, my legs did indeed threaten to stab me in the face. I am still afraid of them. I woke up this morning, and my legs were so stiff I could barely move. I have decided that the only response to this is to never exercise again. On the plus side, I got really awesome stuff in Harajuku, and I got to make chocolate. Now I am going to take some advil and sleep off the pain I am still feeling. Happy Valentines day!

No comments:

Post a Comment